With all the Christmas shopping going on, most families become strapped for cash. If your tree is lacking but money is short, fear not!
These DIY ideas are totally simple, easy, and cheap and will give your tree the style and charm you envision! All you need is a little extra time, some cheap craft supplies, and possibly some little hands to help you out!
10) Family Ornaments
This is a great way to give your family members a well deserved spot on the tree that suits a festive, holiday theme. Get the gang together and have everyone make one of their own — this is an awesome family project!
You will need:
Flat Wooden Discs
Family member photos (printed on normal paper)
How it’s done:
- Using the paintbrush, give a flat wooden disc a nice, even coating of the gel medium.
- Place the photo of your choice face down onto the gel medium- making sure that your favorite part of the photo is the part that is in contact with the wooden disc.
- Leave to dry overnight.
- The next day, wet a clean kitchen towel or paper towel (the stronger the better).
- With the wet paper towel or kitchen towel, begin to rub the paper. It should start to reveal the photo on the wooden disc.
- Once you have completely rubbed away the paper, tie a piece of ribbon in a circle and hot glue it to the back of the disc. This is how you’ll hang the ornament from the tree.
- Paint Modge Podge over the photo to give it a seal.
- Let the Modge Podge dry.
- Hang on the tree.
Pro tip: We think the pictures look best if done in black and white, as this gives the tree a beautiful rustic appeal.