9) Scrabble Ornament
Scrabble tiles are great for lots of craft project, but they look absolutely darling on the tree! You can find them at your local craft store, thrift shop, or watch for them at garage sales. Thankfully, they are pretty easy to come by!
You will need:
Scrabble tiles that spell festive phrases (some we like are “Let it Snow”, “Merry and Bright”, and “Deck the Halls”)
Cotton balls or snow texture paint
How it’s done:
- Arrange your Scrabble tiles on a paper plate to spell out the phrase in a way which looks nice.
- Trace around the scrabble tiles.
- Remove the scrabble tiles and cut out the shape, making it a little smaller than the outline is so it won’t show when hanging on the tree.
- Glue the scrabble tiles to the shape that you’ve cut out, applying pressure until they dry (about 2-3 hours).
- Glue pieces of cotton or apply snow texture paint to the tops of the letters to make them look as if they’ve been snowed on.
- Let the cotton balls or snow texture paint completely dry.
- Make a circle out of a piece of ribbon and fasten it to the back of the ornament with the glue gun.
- Once the ornament is entirely dry, hang it on the tree.